Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello Hoss

Confession:

I have gained...ahem...a little weight.  It ain't purty.  And, frankly, I have no excuse except 

ME LOVE FOOD
ME LOVE COUCH

It is no small act of hypocrisy that I posted about B's gettin it together on the health department whilst gnawing away at Doritos in my pajamas.  So, when you're 5'2", you can't really carry extra weight without it being noticeable.  And I haven't even started fertility treatments yet!  There's no doubt I have anxiety about the weight those 
lovely Clomid pills will bring with them, not to mention the other treatments I may (likely) need.  So, what's keeping me from getting it together?

ME LOVE FOOD. ME LOVE COUCH

So every few years I get in shape.  I mean IN SHAPE. Like, I could rip you to shreds with my giant guns whilst sprinting up a mountain in the rain, kind of hard-core bitch in shape. That's me, every few years.  And there's no rhyme or reason to how the switch flips and I become that treader-worshipping badass.  It just...happens.  So, why doesn't it happen now?  I keep trying different things.  I keep trying the same old shit. And yet, ME LOVE FOOD. ME LOVE COUCH. 

I haven't been in shape since our wedding (of course), when I broke my foot at our reception and couldn't go to the gym for 2 months.  True Story.  Those wedding dresses should come with a warning:  Do Not Execute Fancy Triple Axel Dance Move.

Anyhoo, when I'm carrying extra weight, I feel bad about myself.  I don't want to get naked in front of B. And this is quite problematic in the baby-making department. It's hard to make a baby with your sweatpants on. Still, I'm hoping I will make the change and actually stick with it. But, sweet baby Jesus, it's gonna take a miracle. Have I mentioned I freakin love both food and my couch?

2 comments:

  1. "I haven't been in shape since our wedding...I broke my foot..."

    DUDE. Are we the same person? Because this is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. It's so hard to get back on the old fitness train once you're used to being off of it.

    I'm concerned about the weight gain thing too. I had pretty good luck with Clomid though - just a bit hot flashy and bloaty, but nothing unbearable.

    If Femara doesn't work this time around we're going straight to IVF and I am Scared.Shitless. about the possible weight gain. My RE assured me that there was nothing to worry about, but I'm still concerned as I'm one toe over the line into Buffalo Bill territory ("Say, are you about a size 14?") Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get in shape now so you can pull out your 'fat' clothes during your tx... I was shocked at how fat I got on injectibles (not so much with Clomid). I mean, I too LOVE the couch, LOVE the food, and am already fat. But man - the bloat. is. unreal. And, my clinic says not to "exert yourself" during the 2ww. So even if I felt like working out? Not happening.

    ReplyDelete