Monday, January 4, 2010

12/7- 31 Weeks!


So I was re-committed to the hospital on Tuesday. My sucktastic cervix was down to 1cm! Yikes! I can't blog from the hospital because their internet hates certain sites, blogger.com included. Up yours hospital internet....


My solution to all this forced Amish-style living? Write down my bloggity thoughts and force my husband to post them for me. So, here are some rambling thoughts I have come up with in the last week (sorry for the crazy long post):


* I've been granted 30 minutes of pool therapy. And let me tell you, the hospital-issued swimsuits are sexy as hell. Swimsuit Illustrated had better watch out because when I squeeze myself into one of those checkered XXL plastic beauties, I don't just look like a table at your local BBQ bistro, I may just make you drool... The best part? When I get out of the pool and the butt of my suit is full of water, just like a giant full diaper, and I have to squeeze it empty, regardless of how many onlookers there are.


* I love most of the nurses with one notable exception. This would be the woman who asked Brendan if we believed in Jesus and then later told me (repeatedly) how swollen my face was, called my legs "sausages," and then said, "I don't know you so maybe you always look like this." Bite me Nurse Ugly. I also don't like the dietician. I have nicknamed her "Captain Obvious" but not to her face. The other nurses who work here? They rule. I've got one who calls me sweetie, honey, and calls the babies "love muffins" and "doll babies." Usually this would make me nuts but she does it in a way that makes her positively huggable. I also have a french nurse whom I love but I haven't seen much of her...sigh...


* I've noticed there's a weird smell whenever I get up from bed. This happens regardless of when my sheets were changed and the smell is always a little like onions. There's not a lot to say about this. It's just weird.


And now for your update! Here's hoping for at least 3 more!


How far along? 31 Weeks! Word

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself since last Tuesday morning when I was 40 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Pajama city. But I love my maternity lounge wear (Thanks Mom!)Stretch marks? I am still proud of my shiny stretch mark-free belly

Sleep: Muh. The hospital staff wake me up every 2 hours to take medication. It does not make for restful evenings.

Movement: A ton. The nurses always act surprised at how much the babies move and kick.

Food cravings: Nope. Hospital food kind of sucks. I'd love a home-cooked meal right bout now.

Gender: A boy and a girl

Labor Signs: Contractions. I'm now alternating between 2 different kinds of medications every 2 hours. It definitely helps a lot and I'll go several hours without a contraction (I think). But they tend to pick up in the evening, regardless.

What I miss: Seriously? My husband. I see him for a couple of hours every day but I am most homesick for him.

Milestones: Getting to week 31. Being told I looked thin by a resident (I love a good liar!)


On and I saw a fourth woman on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" give birth in the toilet. What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment