Monday, January 4, 2010

33 Weeks!

Four days, two bottles of pee, and a partridge in a pear tree. Still in the hospital, still pregnant and I have holiday spirit oozing out my pours.


THis week was marked by a pre-eclampcia scare and conscious avoidance of all crap christmas movies on TV and there are a lot of them. Due to my level of Pillsbury doughboyness, sudden weight gain and my blood pressure creeping higher, the Docs thought I might have pre-eclampcia. This lead to a sudden interest in my giant ankles and hobbit feet and of course my urine. Let me tell you if you haven't spent 24 hours collecting your urine on ice and putting it on display like a raw bar then you're missing out. Good news is I am pre-eclampcia free and the babies get to bake a little longer.


Here is this weeks update. It is crazy to think there will only be a couple of these entries left! To everyone writing replies on the blog page, I don't have access to the internet in the hospital and Brendan has to post all my entries. I promise I will get back to all of you once I am home.




How far along? 33 Weeks and 3 days.

Total weight gain/loss: Up 51 lbs. I suspect some of this is from the water weight around my ankles, wrist and face. Hell, everywhere!

Maternity clothes? Yes. I might be progressing to a big burlap sack.

Sleep: Thanks to the sweet kiss of Ambien I am lucky to get any sleep at all.

Movement: Yes. Constantly. No wonder my uterus is exhausted.

Food cravings: None.

Gender: A boy and a girl

Labor Signs: When the barametric pressure drops all the women on my unit contract at the same time. It like a chorus line of naughty uts.

What I miss: Since I was hospitalized right after Thanksgiving I missed the whole Christmas season. I'll be glad when tomorrow is over because I won't feel like I am missing out on so much, outside of life of course. :(

Milestones: According to Dr Luke, guru of all things multiples, 33 weeks was a developmental touchdown. I would do a touchdown dance but the babies might fall out. I am hopefully going to be released from the hospital on my own recognizance on New Years Eve. We hope to make it all the way home before I start going into labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment