Sunday, October 11, 2009

Round ligament pain

can kiss my dimply butt cheeks...

So I'm doing laundry which requires some bending and/or squatting. I bend over to lift a pile of dark, stinkedy clothing and HOLY BELLY TRAUMA! I feel like there's a stabbing pain in my stomach. Right in the middle underside of my belly (close to my cervix?). Well, that's a new one to me. Then I try squatting- And it comes back! That stabbing, tearing, evil pain from Hades right in my uterus.

"Hm...Methinks my body doth try to tell me something here" sayeth my faux-Shakespearean conscience. So, I call my mom. I talk to my wonderful midwife aunt who says it's probably round ligament pain & check my crotch. I check the undies for any sign of distress. All systems are go.

Fast forward 2 hours of my lying on the couch watching girly movies (Hellz yeah) and I start getting pain & aching on the left side of my abdomen.

So I call the on-call OBGYN (first time for this one). I did NOT cry on the phone which was a mighty triumph!!! She says it's round ligament pain but to stay on panty watch and call if anything unseemly starts to happen down under.

I feel like there should be a tutorial about round ligament pain.

Pregnancy is one scary mo fo when it's not a magical ride of hormones and cheeseburgers.

Oh, and my puppy is curled up next to me on the couch snoring away while B is at a football game. Amazing how an animal can provide infinite comfort...

No comments:

Post a Comment