Monday, November 9, 2009

27 Weeks!


So, you didn't get a 26 week picture. Oops! I think I was so busy digesting bed rest news that taking a picture kept getting the back seat. This week's picture, I'm afraid, is no thing of beauty. It's all grainy and I look like I'm from some horror movie and I'm going to come kill you in your sleep.

But, anyhoo! 27 weeks!

At this point, every day is a victory and every week is a battle won!

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm up 37 pounds. When will I stop gaining weight at an alarming speed? Somebody tell me! But I figure, I've got a lifetime to lose the weight and the babies only have 3 months to gain.
Maternity clothes? All maternity during the day (bed rest gurus say you should get dressed every morning. I think it helps!) and pajama pants & B's t-shirts at night.
Stretch marks? Nope but my skin is looking "shiny." Is "shiny" stretch mark's little brother? I think yes...
Sleep: I'm still having bad hip pain. I think bed rest is making this worse as going for walks was helping this out a lot.
Movement: I think the babes are filming an aerobic video in my ute. And I'm pretty sure I observed my first fetal tussle the other day. All I know is that all hell broke loose around my belly button the other day and it was DEFINITELY coming from both sides.

Food cravings: I just want to eat. I don't care what it is.
Gender: A boy and a girl
Labor Signs: The braxton hixes (is that plural? whatev) have really lightened up. I don't know if my horizontal position is helping out with this or it's the Cramp Bark I'm taking or what. But I like it.
What I miss: Leaving the house, helping around the house, leaving the house, and leaving the house
What I am looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Thursday. I get to leave the house! Yay!
Milestones: The cribs are assembled! And the babies are about 2 pounds each (Baby Girl is 1lb 14 oz, Baby Boy is 2lb, 1oz)


B's update: So, I figured since I lay around all day, I'd provide a list of things B has done over the week. Here goes: Assembled 2 cribs, put in porch light fixture, installed closet shelves, raked & cleaned the yard, hung living room curtains, cooked, cleaned, and took care of the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment